By downloading the Mastt Program Management Template you will receive the full description and instructions on managing the program’s key elements. Each element is referenced to a feature in Mastt and demonstrates how Mastt streamlines that Program Management task.
This must-have template covers all aspects of Program Management, from defining roles within the team, program cost, risk and schedule management, to setting up a dashboard in Mastt that truly reflects the program status.
A program management plan (PMP)is a document that outlines the approach and strategies that will be used to manage a program. In the context of capital works, a PMP for a construction project would detail the steps and activities required to plan, design, and construct a facility or infrastructure.
The Mastt PMP for capital works includes the following elements:
1. Project scope: A description of the project's objectives and deliverables, including the scope of work, budget, and timeline.
2. Stakeholder analysis (Roles): A list of all stakeholders, including their roles and responsibilities, and a plan for engaging with them throughout the project.
3. DashboardReporting: Show the plan for allocating and managing the resources required to complete the project, Program and Portfolio, including personnel, materials, equipment, and project health.
4. ScheduleManagement: All Projects in the CapitalWorks Portfolio report against a fixed list of 19 milestones across five distinct phases. The project manager or the development manager can also update the schedule.
5. ProgramCost Management: A template-based plan to manage approved budgets, costs, variations, forecasts and reporting.
6. MonthlyReports: A plan for keeping stakeholders informed of progress and any issues that arise during the project.
Capital Program Management refers to the process of planning, organizing, and overseeing the implementation of construction projects that involve the development or improvement of physical infrastructures, such as buildings, roads, bridges, and other facilities. Program management is often used to manage projects that involve multiple stakeholders and requires coordination across different teams and disciplines.
In the instance of capital program management, the program manager is responsible for overseeing multiple projects, from concept development and design to construction and commissioning. This includes developing a project plan, establishing budgets and schedules, coordinating the work of different teams, and ensuring that the projects are completed on time and within budget. The program manager also serves as the primary point of contact for stakeholders and is responsible for communicating progress and any issues that arise during the project.
Effective program management requires strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills, as well as a deep understanding of construction projects' technical and logistical aspects. Program managers need to have a strong grasp of project management principles and techniques and a thorough knowledge of the construction industry and the project’s specific requirements.
Mastt software assists Program Managers to see an aggregated view of all their projects. This gives them real time information and better control of their overall program performance. In addition, Mastt allows Program Managers to drill down to a project level for deeper analysis of each projects performance. Watch the product tour for a closer look at Mastt.
Document the goals, objectives, and business case for your capital project with this Project Charter Template
Use this template to plan all your procurement activities while staying within your budget.